Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Special Day

Hi there everyone - Sam here.  Firstly........... hope you have all had a great Leap Day.  I am very excited to be bringing you this blogpost on a day that we won't see again for another 4 years :) I hope you all made the most of this day - I can honestly say that I had a wonderful day and went to the nail salon & lunch (kid free) which doesn't happen ever!!


Anyway time to get back on topic & show you what I have created with my gorgeous A2Z Scraplet this time. 

I started off by covering the chipboard in white Gesso.


I have used colorbox cats eye inks to colour the flowers on this gorgeous chipboard and to blend all of the colours together.  I have used metallic ones so there is a nice shine to them.  I then covered them with glossy accents.


I then used a Clover paint dabber and brushed it over the rest of the chipboard to get a rough painted effect.


Then covered half of the chipboard with leaves (paper) these were just wound around the chipboard using the wire stems and then hot glued randomly just for some extra hold.


Then I added this gorgeous Prima stem & some mini rosebuds in the leaves

I didn't like how the Clover paint dabber colour looked with it so I used some distress ink and rubbed it over the bits that I could get to without destroying the rest of the elements on the chipboard.


I then spritzed it all with some Vanilla Shimmer smooch spritz.  I love hotw it turned out. 

I have used a gorgeous photo of my Dad & Stepmum on their wedding day.



The finished product. 

Thanks for looking.  I hope you have enjoyed my creation.
Have a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous!! Love what you did to the chipboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial ! Love this piece of chipboard a lot!

    ReplyDelete