Tuesday, May 8, 2012

An altered A2Z butterfly

Hello everyone, 

Mothers' Day is just around the corner - I hope all the mums have a lovely day and are super-spoilt!

For my share this month, I have altered an A2Z chippie butterfly.  A great thing about these chip pieces is that they are reasonably thick.  A soon as it is wet, you can curl up the edges and separate the layers.  I found this great for the butterfly's wings.  

I used some of my Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls to mix my own colours for this one. It had quite a few sprays of a pinky/purply mix, and some slate coloured glimmer mist.  I carefully peeled the layers apart and left it to dry. Once it was dry, I added some foam tape between each layer to keep the wings apart.  A few rhinestones, and she was complete!




I added it into this layout and the butterfly seemed to perfectly match in with my background letters and tones in the photo!



Happy Scrapping!

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment