Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Layout with a Little Twist

Hi Everyone,
Hope you all had a chance to join in with the Blog Hop, and went in the running to win some of the yummy prizes up for grabs.  I have had a very busy few weeks but have managed to fit in a little bit of time to scrap so I want to share with you the LO that I completed recently which I absolutely love.
A little while ago I was at my friends house and she had created a STUNNING layout using calico.  I loved the idea so I decided to give it a try.  So off I went to Spotlight to get some calico and I saw some gorgeous materials while I was in there and I decided to give them a try as well.  So I have created a LO using materials instead of papers.  This was a little different for me as I guess I have always just thought of scrapbooking as something that is done with papers & cardstock, but why limit ourselves when there are so many gorgeous materials out there and they work out soooooooo cheaply.  I think calico was about $2.50 per metre & the materials were on special for about $3 per metre.  



I love this old rustic fence Scraplet.  I had heaps of fun with it - it got painted in white, then I ran over it with a very very light coat of a butterscotch paint dabber then back over with some white paint.  I left the little bird until the end and coloured him in blue with some smooch ink.  I then went over the bird with some glossy accents.  I covered the fence with Picket Fence Crackle Paint.




As it is on Material and is flimsy I decided to adhere it to a piece of cardstock to provide some support.
I hope that I have provided some inspiration for you today and perhaps you will find yourself paying a visit to the material section of your local Spotlight some time soon. 

Sam

1 comment:

  1. I love this page Sam! And that little fence is adorable. Great artwork!

    ReplyDelete