Monday, April 22, 2013

Faith, Love & Light

Howdy everybody! Long time no see. I am so excited to be back sharing one of my latest creations with you all. First of all I have to say I am so sorry for being missing from the Scrapping World for the past 6 months. I won't go into details but due to lots of medical issues I was completely unable to function anymore and just had to step back for a little while. I am happy to report that I am back and ready to share lots more inspiration with you all!

Today I have a fabulous Off the Page Project to share with you all repurposing a shabby bird cage along with lots of pretty things!


Now I have lots of photos to share but these photos truly does not do this creation justice. In the bottom of the birdcage I have placed some hand dyed vintage tulle with some LED Battery Operated Fairy Lights wrapped around. You cannot see the beautiful lights that well in the photo but it is truly magical.


On top of the tulle I have placed an altered bird, some Beaded stems along with the fabulous Paisley 38 from A2Z Scraplets. To decorate the chipboard, I have simply coverd it with crackle paint and then sprayed with some Dark Brown Glimmer Mist. I sprayed enough to let it pool up and seep into the cracks to get a nice aged look.


Now for the gorgeous cross. I have taken these seperate photos so you can see the beautiful details up close. This 3D Cross was actually cut using my Silhouette Cameo Machine using Prima Papers & Acetate. 


Nested among some amazing flowers from some of my favourite brands, are these gorgeous A2Z Scraplets Street Sign Shapes. To decorate the chipboard, I have coated with a thin layer of Gesso followed by some Acrylic Paints in Dusty Pink & Cream on the are I wanted to write. The rest of the sign posts were inked using some Archival Ink in Coffee Brown. I have also used a finger dauber to add some subtle distressing to the edges of the painted areas. I then finished them off with one of my favourite bible verses using my Sharpie Fine Marker.



Checkout that gorgeous collection of pretty flowers! Love the details on this project.


To decorate the cross, I have simply coated the beautiful bright Prima papers with some Helmar Crackle Medium, and then rubbed some Pink Metallic Cream Chalks into the cracks. I just love


Again I have used the A2Z Scraplets Street Signs Post on the back with yet another Bible Verse that I love. To decorate the chipboard, I again, have coated with a thin layer of Gesso followed by some Acrylic Paints in Dusty Pink & Cream on the are I wanted to write. The rest of the sign posts were inked using some Archival Ink in Coffee Brown. I have also used a finger dauber to add some subtle distressing to the edges of the painted areas. I then finished them off with one of my favourite bible verses using my Sharpie Fine Marker.

Here is a closer look at those fabulous A2Z Scraplets! Click on the image to view them on the website and purchase today.



Until next time, happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xx


2 comments: