Monday, October 13, 2014

Hi there!  It's Monday and the start of another new week…have a feeling it will be Christmas before I know it the way the weeks are flying by.

Today I'm sharing another 2 layouts I have done using the fabulous chippies from A2Z Scraplets.

The first one is one of my son.  He took the photo of himself back in 2009 and I only recently stumbled upon it and knew immediately that I wanted to scrap it.  The chipboards I have used are:
the wordlet "amazing" from the Beautiful amazing brush words set and
the Steampunk corner.  These corners are just perfect for boys pages.


Some close ups of the chipboards:



 It's really hard to see in these photos, but I have embossed all chipboard pieces with Stampendous Shabby Blue embossing enamel, which has lots of blue glitter with flecks of gold and chunky pieces of white throughout.  It really is quite stunning to look at in real.  (just a shame it doesn't photograph well!


Products used:
Cardstock - Kaisercraft
Chipboard - A2Z Scraplets
Papermania Urban Stamp
White versa colour ink
Stampendous Shabby Blue Embossing enamel
Rubons
Metal cogs
White Dylusions spray
Lindy's Stamp Gang Tiffany Blue Spray




My second layout is one of my daughter, using "Enjoy the Journey" chipboard.   I have also used the fence, which I have actually had in my stash for quite a long time!!  Finally made use of it - hehe.



And some closeups of the chippies:

For the title I painted it with Black Soot distress paint then coated it quite generously with Crackle accents, but for some reason it didn't crackle!!  So instead it has a lovely glossy finish.


However, when I treated the fence in the same way as the title I had success!!  The fence crackled beautifully, so I then rubbed some Seedless Preserves distress paint into the cracks and gently rubbed the excess off with a baby wipe leaving the effect above.  I also rubbed the distress paint into the word banner & rubbed off the excess to highlight the words.



Products used:
Cardstock - Bazzill
Chipboard - A2Z Scraplets
Paper - Fabscraps "Fleur"
Flowers - Prima, I am Roses
Tim Holtz Idea-ology word banner
Seam binding
Distress paint - Black soot & Seedless Preserves
Bosskut leaf flourish die
Crackle accents
Kaisercraft pearl dots


Thanks for stopping by today.
Until next time, Happy scrapping,
Yvette x


No comments:

Post a Comment