Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Unique!

Hello Scrappers!

I am super excited to be here today sharing my first project for A2Z Scraplets! I am loving all of the designs that are available and the pricing is so so good! I can see that I am going to have a great time adding to my slash lol!

Anyway the reason I am here today is to share with you a layout using some gorgeous A2Z  chipboard. I am so happy with how it turned out and how the chipboard ties all of elements together. Here is the layout...



I really wanted to add a lot of texture to match the grungy feel of the layout. I ran the Unique word through my Big Shot in an embossing folder with both platform tabs open. I then painted the piece black and when that was dry I covered the piece with Distress Crackle Paint. Once that was dry I highlighted the piece with a little white gel pen and some Inca Gold in Copper. Here is a close-up of the detail...


I also added 2 little pieces of barbed wire to the layout. I painted these with black paint and then added a little Inca Gold in Copper to make them look rusty. Here is a close-up of the wire...


You can find the barbed wire in store HERE. The Unique will be available next month!

I hope that you have enjoyed looking at my layout and are inspired to get creating today! Make sure you have a look at the shop and check out all of the chipboard available for purchase - you are sure to find something to suit your needs :-)

Happy scrapping!

 Katherine



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog post!!! Love the layout and the extras are just awesome!!! Well done and welcome to the team at DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful.. love the back ground paper and fabulous texture on the title chippie too!

    ReplyDelete