Saturday, June 24, 2017

Decorated box by Judith Armstrong

Good morning A2Z fans. Judith here to share with you something a little different from me. I decided to decorate a box using A2Z Scraplet chipboard and stencils.


I started with a plain brown papier mache box. I undercoated it with gesso and then painted it with pink acrylic paint.  I added some hearts to the sides of the box using the A2Z Scraplets Heart in Hearts stencil and some coloured texture paste. I decided the hearts looked a little to bright so dry brushed some more gesso over them and the pink paint. I also added some pink velvet ribbon to the edge of the lid.






The A2Z Scraplets Heart of Hearts Shape just fit perfectly on the heart shaped doily which I adhered to the lid of the box. I stenciled a couple of hearts through the stencil onto hearts on the chipboard. 


Then I set about embellishing the top with lots of flowers, some beads, butterflies and a sentiment.



Thanks for looking

Judith xx



1 comment: